January 9, 2012

Shape Up Quilt & World Jr Hockey

Hockey. Quilting. Hockey. Quilting.

After agreeing to go with a friend to the World Jr Hockey Tournament here in Calgary, I thought I'd be so sick of hockey.

NOT!

In fact I'm:
1) waiting for colder weather so the ice will freeze so I can go pond skating. Way so much better than in an arena!!! Was even wondering what happened to my hockey stick from 40 years ago.
2) in pretty good shape after climbing 125, yes one hundred twenty-five, steps 3-5 times for 10 days. Yeah, we were in the nose bleed (they call it press level) seats. No kidding, What a fantastic view!!!


The Zambonis were only this big!

3) sick of the carnival food, ie hotdogs, ice cream, burgers, nachos. Had 2 pieces of lettuce and 2 slices tomato in 10 days. Was even thinking I could have drank my veggies, V8. Duh!

Being a Canadian, very rarely do we see this. This was so heart welling! A 25 ft wide Canadian Flag travelling around the Saddledome in Calgary! OOOOWWEEEE!

Even had to take this picture of a sight that was unbelievably shocking!

NO lineup at the women's toilet only the men's!!!

All in all, it was a fantastic time and even though Canada won the Bronze medal, Hockey is still Canada's game.
And I'm glad I was there!


As for the quilting, I finally finished TB Shape Up Quilt. It's off to the quilter!



No comments:

Post a Comment