October 23, 2017

The Blocks Are Done 148-150 Foxy

The blocks are done! The blocks are done! Congrats to those that have kept up. If I hadn't had to keep up I don't know if I would have. Many thanks to those that have inspired me along the way.

Now this is not the end. Next week we will post the finishing instructions. There are instructions for completing the sashing if you are not doing cornerstones plus the first border above the available blocks. This should keep you busy sewing all the blocks together and making the first border. Whew!

That said, I spent the week at Back to Nature, a retreat by Water Valley, Alberta. 

Being the early bird every morning, all was peaceful at 0530. Everyone else still snoring. That's my spot where the light is. Took the computer instead of the sewing machine. Much easier and less stuff that I probably would not have accomplished but ambitiously thought I could accomplish.

This little guy was peaking at us through the window one morning. I had to run upstairs, quick like a fox, to get his picture. Look at the bushy tail and beautiful coat. He's well fed and ready for winter.


These ladies are last in the program but are not the last women to have accomplished or pioneered or will accomplish or pioneer something big or small. I hope that you will continue to research other amazing Canadian born women. They will be found in any field from professional to domestic, from under the water to high in the sky, from a to z. What I have learned is that no matter how far Canadian women have come some things have not really changed. Good, bad or ugly we still have a ways to go and accomplish. You go gals!


B l o c k s  1 4 8,  1 4 9,  1 5 0


148 Ada Jane McCallum
149 Beverley Busson
150 Mom

Enjoy!

1 comment: