May 28, 2018

Space 7 Last minute quilting

Nothing like leaving the making of a quilt until the last minute! As most of you know I am a White Hatter at YYC. If you have flown through Calgary you may have seen us there. 

Last fall I met a very wonderful young man, who is a Curbside Ambassador at YYC. Well we got to chatting about going to school here and then becoming a Canadian. He studied engineering and then was laid off during the downturn in Alberta and had applied to become a policeman. Before going away on business I learned they are having a baby in August. So, I figure there is plenty of time to make a baby quilt for them, right? Not. Last Friday he tells me he was accepted to police school and his last day is June 2. What! 

What kind of quilt design does one make in a hurry? A disappearing 9-patch of course. I managed to get the top done yesterday and drop off the quilt this morning, Monday, with Deb from Loopy D's. Deb graciously accepted to quilt the quilt. I have such awesome quilters in my area.

This is the quilt top. The binding will be a stripe of primary colours.


The background was going to be white with tiny primary coloured squares but I thought this gray with hearts would be an unexpected interesting background. It turned out wonderfully.

For those of you travelling around in space, block 7, Meteor, is now available.

Enjoy and happy quilting! 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was nice of you to think of when you had a lot of time, and then to go ahead with it once you found you didn't was super nice! It's a lovely, bright and happy quilt and will be enjoyed for years. I like your gray stars background.

    ReplyDelete