January 2, 2023

One Word 2023 Resolution

WITH a New Year comes people talking about making Resolutions. Putooey! to that I say. Myself, I do not remember making any resolutions, ever. Well definitely not out loud or written down for all the world to see. Maybe in my head, and that didn't get too far.

But, after finishing a romance mystery last week, where four women, of various ages and stages in their lives, had made a ONE WORD resolution, I thought, easy peasey. Pick the One Word, any word. How hard can that be! There are lots of words. Hmmm. 

My first choice was BEGIN. Yes. I am a fantastic beginner. I love to begin anything and everything. To finish is another story, unless on a deadline. Okay, then choose FINISH. Oops, maybe not because that means I have to finish anything and everything started. No way. I get bored or stop at a certain point because I don't like doing the next step or I don't want to finish at all. Instead, maybe throw away or give away. Hmmm. That sounds like CLEARING. Yes, I can clear away.


Examples - suggestions:
Clear the mind - go for a walk/drive/sew.
Clear the body - eat, ugh, more fruit less junk.
Clear the closet - give away clothes, shoes.
Clear the garage - recycle empty, saved, just in case boxes.
Clear the cubby hole and junk drawer - dried up pens, solidified erasers, scrap paper that has old notes.
Clear the room - donate supplies, furniture, recycle electronics.
Clear the quilts - finish or give to someone else to finish (I have a great group of gals that will finish the quilts I do not want to finish and then give away to someone).
Clear the soul - reenergize YOU.

What is your One Word resolution?


YOU humans and the new year resolutions. Okay, if I must, my resolution is to sleep more, ignore more, order you more than I did last year. That makes my One Word, MORE. Seems like more fun is to be had in 2023.
 




1 comment:

  1. I'm inspired by your word as well. So mine will be DO.
    Do make time to work on my projects
    Do finish the one thing that I've been neglecting so I can get the whole bundle out the door
    Do remember to fill the bird feeders so everyone can enjoy the activity / view.
    Do not overload my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete