December 1, 2014

Winter Sharing

The greatest reason to live in a winter country is that you have lots of time to finish quilts, that go back 10 years, because it is so darn cold outside and then share your love with others. First group is ready to give to those that need love and warmth. Second group is ready for quilting.


 
 
Winter is back in all it's bluster snow and cold.
Only a lone rabbit ventured outside
Hoarding: Keeping things that are memories and just things. Since May, my sister and I have been dealing with our mother's hoarding issues. Mom has downsized from 1800 sq ft to 900 sq ft. An eye opening Whoa!
It takes a lot of time and energy to understand what hoarding is. At one time we called it pack rat. The scary thing about it is this is a genetic disease. Apparently my great grandfather was like this and I have those tendencies and this could be me at her age - 30 years from now. I'm only grateful that I am learning this lesson now and able to pay attention to it. I've been telling all my friends and acquaintances to not leave your memories to your kids or even your grand kids because this is not their memories - this is your memories. Recycle, or sell or donate useful things now because 10 - 2 years from now the things will probably not be useful. As my sister says, give it to someone that will be able to use it more than you, give your things another chance to be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment