January 18, 2015

It's 2015!

Happy New Year!
It's 2015 and already half way thru January. I've been in kind of a hiatus on purpose and accidental and now it's time to get back to reality. Going to physio in 3 days got me back to year end books. Thank goodness a group of us are making a slab block for a friend that is retiring because it got me back into quilting.
Where have I been. First went to a business conference nw of Baltimore. I never knew bamboo grew in Virginia.
Enjoyed spending time in BWI looking at the Canada Geese going one way and the police going the other while the crab was inside all glassed in.


Then on Christmas day, my family and I had lunch at YYC before I headed out to the World Jr Hockey games in Toronto.
First game was between Russia and Denmark. Very exciting to watch because the Juniors play with their heart and the love of the game and not their wallet.
Then 5 days into the tournament I rolled my foot. Crapola! Spent all day foot up and on ice. Only missed the game between Denmark and Swiss.  Could walk on it next day in a tensor but slowly.

The best part CANADA WON GOLD!!! OMG it was so nail biting, exciting, loud and fun! The juniors are back in Canada in 2 years. Can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment