July 5, 2018

Balance

Splendid Sampler II's freebie Block 4, Balance, by Wenche Woldff Hatling from Northern Quilts in Norway. Remember to get your order in for the book so you can follow along after the 20th block.

This is such a cute block. It reminds me that balance does occur even when a big thing is on a small scale. 

Where is the egg for Sunny Side Up you ask? Look carefully, can you see it? Why it's the ear.
My first tip is for the stand. At first I cut out all the little triangles and had problems lining them up because I'm raw edge fusing and decorative stitching around the edges. Solution: Cut the stool as one cylinder piece and then cut the two top triangles as one piece. So now, I'm only working with two pieces.
The next tip is based on the elephant fabric. I fussy cut the fabric so that the elephant eye would be in a flower. I didn't get it the way I wanted it but I think the eye/flower placement turned out better. It seems the subconscious knew better than the brain. 
Enjoy!


"Life is all about balance. You don't always need to be getting stuff done. Sometimes it's perfectly okay, and absolutely necessary, to shut down, kick back, and do nothing."
- Lori Deschene

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute. I like the fabric you chose for the elephant and your fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete