November 13, 2018

Ice on the Lake

   Oh no, winter is really coming. Ice is beginning to form on the lake, there is frost in the mornings and we shoveled three times last week. Every year I say we're only going to shovel the front sidewalk and a path from the front door to the front sidewalk. So far so good. The new vehicle is bigger and higher off the ground so, will see how it goes.

  We are into week one of the next 80 Splendid Sampler II blocks. You can get your book in softcover or kindle version.

Here is my Sunny Side Up version breakfast for four. (top left clockwise) Curves Forever by Jenny Pedigo & Helen Robinson. We think this cool block would make a great border as well. Estelle by Joyce Beenes. Oh how I love the smaller pieced blocks and so easy to make. You can really change the block look by changing the values. Next is Hashtag Love by Jane Davidson. A wonderfully simple yet effective block. We all love the hashtags. Was hashtag even a word before social media? 😄 It definitely is better than pound love. Lastly, Ticker Tape by Debbie Brown. Check out her blog Higheredhands Debbie Brown Quilts .

  Do you see that white stuff? Who put it there? Brr. Hm! Since I can't go outside without getting a chill and my feet wet, I think I'll just lay in the sun till Spring.




No comments:

Post a Comment