November 6, 2018

The Final Block

  This is it. The 20th and last free block from the Splendid Sampler II. Thanks to Lissa Alexander for her block, Big Sun.

We found it tricky making the quarter square rectangle.

It was tricky making the rectangular quarter triangles. 
Lay out all the triangles.

Sew the triangles together. After pressing the seam so the white fabric was on top, the yellow fabric was showing at the edge (was wider in the seam allowance so that one could see it). We had to trim the seam a smidgen. The picture shows the scissors at an angle. This causes the white fabric to be a bit wider than the yellow fabric. Therefore the yellow fabric does not show.


Pin the center point to align when sewing the two halves together.


Open center, spin and press seams.

Align the triangle marked paper on the quarter rectangle and trim around the outside edge.

   Spent an extra long long weekend at Quilt Market in Houston. Outside the convention there is a beautiful park that is used for many events. Last weekend there were also street vendors. Look at what I found! Pac men carrying the garden gnome away. 


We are always amazed at the amount of fabric collections the are produced each year. And now with digitally printed collections they are enticing that much more. Aye E!
We've all seen Hoffman's big flower. Look what Cindy McCracken has done with her flower. This gives me so many ideas for my own design. So stay tuned.
Enjoy!   

   So while mom's been either on the computer or sewing, I've discovered birds in the front rose bushes. The continuous crashing of blinds one morning made mom raise them. So now they are raised each morning. (She's still in training you know and coming along just fine.) Now I can see all the birds. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for the birds, when they land on the window sill all I can do is slap the window.  It's so frustrating. I sit there and chirp call them but cannot grab them. What to do, what to do. I guess it's called practice.
Where are you my sweet birdie.

Here birdie, birdie. Come to my window sill.

No comments:

Post a Comment