December 30, 2019

New Year Confession Boxes

   It's the end of 2019 and confession time. It's said that you cannot change what you don't acknowledge.
   Imagine this is all fabric before I had the store, then after the store and before the studio. Never took any home when I had the store and since I've owned the studio.

   There are shelves of fabric, containers of fabric, piles of fabric and everywhere fabric. Thought almost done, but nope, everywhere I look there is another pile of fabric. One really great thing about this is that I've found at least three pieces that were required to finish three quilts. Whew, don't have to go buy more fabric.

Figured there would be 36 boxes of fabric. Well, there are now 37 boxes and six very large plastic storage containers with folded fabric under 1 m/40 inches and counting, plus stacks of fat quarters that I haven't figured out what to put them in. And will probably need another ten boxes plus containers. You have to wonder why, but, that hurts the head.
   All this has been getting me excited to work on monochromatic quilts because I now know what fabric values and textures I have.

 As Porky Pig says Th Th That's all folks!
See you all next year,

   Well, mom's been folding and folding and folding some more. So far she's moved my secret sleeping place not once but twice. I could get in on the lower shelf fabric behind the uv prevention fabric cover, then I could nap on a quilt on the floor behind the fabric piles. Now she's covered my viewing out the window table spot with little fold fabric squares because she doesn't have a place for them. And what are all those boxes over there cluttering up my area? Geesh, will this ever be done!? 
   One thing though, I've managed to claim a broken cardboard box lid. It's just the right size. It's even over a warm spot on the infloor heating. Nothing could be more perfect. Ahhh!

   A Happy Mew Year to you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of fabric! I thought mine was awful, but at least yours is mostly corralled! Ah, a warm spot on the heat! What could be better?

    ReplyDelete