September 2, 2019

Two weeks of Good and Bad

  Good. "Alright fellas, let's go." As the song goes, we went everywhere last two weeks, even to Edmonton and back on Monday and still managed to get the Block Bonanza Diamond quilt top completed. I might even put a border on it even though that wasn't the plan. I think the design will look good floating. Borders are not my favourite, but sometimes you have to. ps Got lazy, no border. 
In-house registration is here. For mail order registration go here. Quilt is at the quilter right now. Should have it in-house by Sept 9.


Remember the crabapple tree all white with blossoms? It's now so laden with crabapples that the branches are bending to the point of breaking. The birds will eat well this winter. 

  
   Bad.   The trees are turning already.
   Good. Finally made it to the Monday hike. Met everyone at the correct meeting place. 
   Bad. Followed the wrong car to the trail head and another car was behind me. It was a new person that had joined. As we drove past the Ranger Station I wondered why they didn't turn in. Mmm. Okay, so now we've driven more 40 km instead of 18 km. Oh here's where the A hike is, but I'm on B hike today. 
   Good thing the road comes to an end and makes a loop, otherwise we'd be in Banff right now. The car stops, they roll down their window, crapola, it's the newbie hikers. So I lead them back to where we should have turned 30 minutes later we arrive and Excellent the group had patiently waited for us.
   Bad. Oh the trail was muddy. Boggy as a matter of fact. We walked extra kms just to avoid the bog. At one time I said we should say to heck with it, take off our shoes, roll up our pants and go barefoot. The mushrooms were out in colour and glory.
Coral looking

at least 8" diameter
   Good. What a grand reception at the end.

   Bad. Took Kitty in for her annual check up. As many of you may know, like us humans, going to the doctor is not a favourite thing to do. A necessary evil. It really is too bad that animals learn this at a very early age. Had a scare with blood work and ended up going to the vet twice this week. And again, like human labs, the first bloodwork results were not good but the second results were a okay.   Good. 



   Bad. Oh **#%&**, mom took me for my annual check up this week. She'd been saying something about doing to the doc. I thought she meant going down to the dock.
Oh sure it's a full moon and everyone with their dog was at the clinic. I just hid while we waited and waited. Good thing we had an appointment otherwise I'd still be there. 
Now the vet is checking me out. I'm beautiful, I've lost weight like I was suppose to. Eyes clear. No runny nose. Ouch, teeth not good but not bad. Because I'm up there in age, the vet days she wants a blood sample to make sure all is well. Of Course, mom says. What! Hey you didn't ask me. I'm the one getting poked. It wasn't too bad, they poke me in the side of the leg. And while they're holding me down they're saying good Kitty. Ya right, I had no choice but to growl some. 
   What's going on? Why are you stuffing me in the travel bag? I know you took a while to find me over at the neighbours when I escaped from the yard through an open gate when you weren't looking yesterday, but why am I in this bag at 5:30am. Oh **#%&**, I'm at the vet again. What are they dracula? Ouch, more bloodwork. 
   Good. Doc says bloodwork is good. Calcium is normal. Kitty, you are a okay and can go. Quick let's get outta here. I could have told the vet that all is great and I'm in great shape compared to a year and more ago. In fact I'm full of p and v thanks to mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment